Destination: Anawangin

“It’s the type of place you go to when you want to forget about the world, the type of place where you can be alone and not worry about being alone.”  This was the thought that lingered through my mind as I looked back at Anawangin while our outrigger made its way to Pundaquit for our trip home. 

Ours had only been an overnight trip, but in that short span of time, and despite the fact that it was no longer the off the beaten track destination that it once was, Anawangin had already made an impact in me that all I could think of while on the short 15-minute boat ride back to Pundaquit, was of being there again, regardless of who I’ll be with, or even on my own.  My only wish was that even with its growing popularity, nothing of the present set-up for visitors will change.  No big commercial establishments, no paved roads, no piers and ports, just the old-fashioned outdoor environment.  After all, it’s the reason why people go there in the first place.  
    



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baler: Roadtrip for the Holy Week

Memories of Vigan

Blurry, But Unforgettable