Our Canyon Cove Experience


To begin with, it was unexpected - a visit to our home in Quezon City, and then in the course of a conversation with my aunt, an offer to redeem the privileges included in the Pristige Card she availed which was supposed to be for an uncle's vacation from Canada that did not push through.  The catch, a choice between a 2-night stay in a superior suite or an overnight stay in 2 superior suites at Canyon Cove in Nasugbu, Batangas.  Who was I to decline?

Came February 27, 2012, after weeks of planning, I found myself behind the wheel of my aunt's Mitsubishi Adventure together with my wife, our daughter, my 2 brothers, and 2 cousins, on our way to Canyon Cove.  We opted to avail of the overnight stay package, taking into account that with our large number, we surely would not fit in a single suite.  The drive had been a long one and a bit tiring, but it was all worth it the moment we opened the doors to our rooms and caught sight of our first class accommodations, along with the view of the sunset against the backdrop of a clear ocean welcoming us.  At that instant, one of my cousin who had his flight to Cebu scheduled later in the evening, decided to have it re-scheduled for dawn the next day. My daughter immediately loved the bed beside the window overlooking the beach and claimed the spot as her own. 

Canyon Cove beach front
View of the sunset from the terrace of our suite


Gabbie and her bed beside the window


Resting after the swim

the building where our suite is located

Prior to the day of our visit, I decided to read a few reviews about Canyon Cove, and much of them included complains about how inhospitable the hotel staff were and how bland their food was.  Just to address those concerns, I found the staff to be warm and friendly, judging by the way we were accommodated during our check-in and for the duration of our stay.  However, I do have to agree with the food issue, but that would be based on the meals served to us during breakfast which was complimentary.

After fixing our things and heeding the suggestions of the persons who made the reviews I've mentioned above, we decided to head out to Nasugbu town center, which was a mere 5-10 minutes drive from Canyon Cove, to eat our merienda.  We also took the opportunity to explore the town and buy additional stuffs, like my daughter's swimming attire, which my wife forgot to bring.

Back at the resort, we decided to try out one of the establishment's prime attraction which was its infinity pool.  The experience was a blast.  I guess everyone who had been to Canyon Cove will agree that a lot of thought had been put into the pool's design to ensure the enjoyment of each guest whether they be a kid or an adult - the kiddie pool's size is almost the same as the adult pool giving kids enough space to play around, and it being adjacent to the adult pool enabling parents or guardians to watch over their children and at the same time enjoy their swim.  We stayed at the pool until we were the last ones remaining, after which, we proceeded to Nasugbu's town proper again to eat our dinner.


the infinity pool



taking advantage of the sorroundings for photo op

our group after enjoying our swim

After eating our breakfast the next morning, we decided to take a dip at the beach.  We didn't take long though, and after just a few minutes, we went back to the infinity pool where we stayed until it was time to prepare for check-out.


I've never been one to shell out large amounts of money for outings involving stays in premier hotels or resorts, simply because I don't find it practical spending large sums of money on a particular place or activity when you can do more things or cover more places with the same amount of cash.  However, it's different when you get to stay in such places for free, and I'm always thankful for such opportunities.  Asked on whether I'd consider coming back to Canyon Cove, at my own expense, my answer was maybe.  Regardless of my practicaIity issues, I would have answered yes if not for the long drive involved and the food, because with the amenities alone, I would have to say that the place is worth every penny you pay.  It is after all, Canyon Cove.






   



  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baler: Roadtrip for the Holy Week

Memories of Vigan

Blurry, But Unforgettable