Another Ordinary Morning with Nothing Much To Do

It's a beautiful Thursday morning - no rain pouring as I was going to the office, the sun's shining bright, and the breeze...soft and light.  It's been quite a while since I've last seen such a day...or had I been just to busy with life that I haven't notice.  Seems like summer's just waiting around the corner, and soon, we'll be bidding farewell to the cold and rainy season.

The colorful summer, dreamy rainy nights, unforgettable sunsets, cool nights...memories.

Colorful summers.  Who'd forget summer vacations in provinces, especially those spent on beaches, cold and hot springs, and with loved ones?  Last year, me and my family, together with my siblings and a few friends, got to enjoy spending our summer vacation in Cebu and Bohol, in what would be the first of our planned annual summer outings.  For this year, preparations are already being made for a Holy Week retreat in Marinduque, and afterwards, a weekend in Ilocos.  Hope it turns out as memorable and as fun as last year.


Dreamy rainy days.  Memories during rainy days are the ones most cherished I guess.  I remember a time when I was about 4 of 5 years old, and a typhoon was raging outside our home.  Had it been a regular rainy day, I would have cursed the weather for not letting me go out to play.  But it wasn't a regular rainy day.  Until now, I'm still holding on to the memories of that day - me and my only brother then playing with new toys bought for us by our Mom and Dad, and my parents being there playing with us.  The rain was pouring hard, but who cares, I was at the safest place on Earth with the persons I love most.  Sadly though, such a memory would forever remain to be just a memory.

Unforgettable sunsets.  Who doesn't love sunsets?  It was somewhere in Pampanga, a cemetary actually.  I don't know who made the proposal on visiting the place, but one afternoon, me and my friends just found ourselves there talking about life and the future.  "Your wife is about to give birth to your first child, but as you were waiting for the good news, the doctor suddenly appeared and told you that you have to choose between your wife and your kid, who would you choose?" asked one of my friend.  "My kid of course," I answered, and a debate ensued.  After a few minutes, we left.

Cool nights.  College days, good 'ol college days.  I'll never forget the overnight stays in Loreland Farm Resort in Antipolo; the weekends in Famy, Laguna; the nights of drinking sessions in Cogeo and Montalban, Rizal, in Amadeo, Cavite, at Nayong Silangan, Antipolo, and in Bulacan.  Regular college students normally go to bars and discos to enjoy, but why waste money on expensive places, booze, and entrance fees when you have the whole of nature to hang out?  In short, we sort of always just opted to party the "natural way".


Life.  Why waste it with pressures, worries or stress?  They'll never leave you anyway.  Enjoy life.  Enjoy the mornings, the nights, the sunrise and sunsets, your family and friends.  They may never leave you too, but at least they won't kill you.   


Comments

  1. "Regular college students normally go to bars and discos to enjoy, but why waste money on expensive places, booze, and entrance fees when you have the whole of nature to hang out? In short, we sort of always just opted to party the 'natural way'."

    --- Spot on, dude. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baler: Roadtrip for the Holy Week

Memories of Vigan

Blurry, But Unforgettable